- Coaching & Consulting
- Programs & Retreats
- Tools & Products
- Your Life after Politics
- Contact Us
Your Life after Politics
Your Life after Politics was developed by Joe Jordan (former Federal MP) and Frances Kampouris (CEO of Redville) to support Parliamentarians leaving office.
Launched after Canada’s 40th General Election under the auspices of the Canadian Association of Former Parliamentarians (CAFP), the Program provides transitional tools and support for retiring MP’s and for incumbent MP’s that are not re-elected.
Parliamentarians that are leaving office may face many of the same transitional issues as do executives leaving jobs in the private sector, yet coming from public life, their transition has several distinct challenges:
- As with leaving any role, it takes time to stop old routines and start new ones – Parliamentarians must do it more publicity that executives’ leaving a role.
- When leaving politics, it is not always clear how to translate one’s experience into the private sector.
- If a Parliamentarian intends to run again, their time in the private life is a balance of sorts – not fully in either world.
- After an election, the Parliamentarian may feel like an athlete in the aftermath of the Olympics – the pace of life shifts dramatically. Winding down and changing ones’ pace and focus take time.
The Program consists of:
- Your Life after Politics Kit: A binder containing tactical, practical information and tools for the Parliamentarian and their family.
- Short-term triage and support from Frances Kampouris and Joe Jordan for questions, guidance, and referrals to other professionals (outplacement, financial advice, recruiters, professional service firms, etc).
- Membership in the CAFP for the remainder of the fiscal year.
The Program was developed originally in English and the material is now being translated into French. The Kit and the support that is provided can be customized to suit the needs of Parliamentarians in other jurisdictions.
NEWS — TVO: The Agenda: Politics: After the Spotlight
Frances Kampouris appeared as a panellist on TVO’s The Agenda with Steve Paiken, discussing her transition program for Parliamentarians “Your Life After Politics”.
NEWS — TVO: The Agenda: Politics: After the SpotlightFrances Kampouris appeared as a panellist on TVO's The Agenda with Steve Paiken, discussing her transition program for Parliamentarians "Your Life After Politics". Watch the video here.